dimanche 19 avril 2009



Fred and Betty: Is this the End?

Episode 5:

Busted! Betty: I caught you out myself Fred! I saw you with that other girl!

Listen to Betty Download audio (mp3 - 224k) Download this page (pdf - 58k) ________________________________________________________________

CATCH OUT Meaning:

if you catch somebody out, you find evidence to show that they have secretly been doing something wrong or bad.

Grammar: This phrasal verb must have an object. The object can go between the verb and particle, or after the particle. If you want to use a pronoun, it must go between the verb and particle.

I caught my son out - RIGHT

I caught him out - RIGHT

I caught out my son - RIGHT

I caught out him - WRONG


Example sentence:

George had successfully cheated in quite a few exams, but the examiner finally caught him out when some notes fell out of his sleeve and onto the floor. ________________________________________________________________

Synonyms: discover, expose, reveal, uncover, find out, bust ________________________________________________________________

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire